Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Review of Vim Hybrid Jacket

Originally submitted at Ibexwear

Everyone has two sides. Front and back, to be specific. This light, fast jacket has breathable, lightweight 4-way stretch fabric in the front, Shak lite wool in back. A jacket that recognizes the essential humanity in us all. It's pretty deep.


Good for winter bicycling in the PNW

By Doryman from Seattle, WA on 3/8/2011

 

4out of 5

Chest Size: Feels true to size

Sleeve Length: Feels true to length

Pros: Warm, Breathable, Durable, Lightweight, Wind Resistant

Cons: Needs 2 B longer in back, No back pocket

Best Uses: Bicycling, XC-Skiing

Describe Yourself: Advanced

Gear Usage: Winter Sports, Fall Sports

Was this a gift?: No

I bought one because I was afraid that Ibex would discontinue the line. I've got an older Ibex cycling jacket and when that wears out, I'll break out this Vim jacket. I like the bright Red color, it has good visibility. Wish it had a back pocket and was a little bit longer in the back.

I wear this on days that it's threatening to rain. It's waterproof enough for a light rain or a short cloudburst.

I wear it on days 35F to 60F. Above that it's too warm to wear over a jersey. (short sleeve wool Jersey 50F & above, and long sleeve wool shak jersey 50F and below.)

(legalese)

1 comment:

  1. Ibex also has a "Breakaway" jacket which is slightly more cyclist oriented as it has a rear pocket instead of the side pockets. However it's blue which is not the most visible color. Still though it's a bit cheaper. ($5)

    ReplyDelete