Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Review of Zepher Long Johns

Originally submitted at Ibexwear

Those other long johns? The Dodo. Our Long Johns? Sort of like a crazy combination of Stephan Hawking, Muhammad Ali and Indiana Jones. In other words, it doesn't get any better. Superfine merino wool in a form-fit cut. Double-panel construction.


Good c/ commuter knickers for fall days

By Doryman from Seattle, WA on 3/30/2011

 

4out of 5

Inseam: Feels too long

Waist: True to size

Pros: Retains Body Heat, Comfortable, Breath-ability

Cons: Too thin

Describe Yourself: Avid Cyclist, Outdoorsman

Best Uses: Under Clothes, With Knickers

Was this a gift?: No

I'm a 4 season bicycle commuter and I bought a pair of the commuter knickers and was unhappy with them until I added a pair of these long underware and some wind proofed wool boxers. Together with my wool socks & Shak jersey & Vim Jacket I've become immune to cold and rain. The long underware is even comfortable inside at the office 68F. (The wonderful properties of wool.)

My only grip is that the layer of wool is too thin. I wish for a shak weight of long underware for those colder days and the durability of the Shak. I wash everything every two weeks (10 days of wear riding) in ivory soap which is really mild and hang dry them but I can see them thinning out already. (oh yeah being a guy I'd like a fly flap)

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment