Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mt Biking in Bend Oregon

On the side roads heading to the Mt. Biking Area in Bend. Strangely enough most folks DRIVE to go riding! The shop where we rented these bikes looked at us as if we were nuts, but it was only 2 miles, a nice 15 minute warmup ride if you ask me. (my Beautiful wife)

Me coming through the trees.
As you can see it's open forest and the area we went was nice and gradual trails. Easy stuff which is good because I'm a beginner Mt. Biker and have no desire to crash and burn.





All in all it was a great day out. Although my wife did fall when we returned. The disk brakes she had were sticky and she locked up the front wheel and did an end-over. I think those brakes were "crap" but the shop claimed of course that while touchy they were within spec. Whose stupid spec I don't know but it seemed to me like they could have been less sticky and worked just as well. Fortunately my wife isn't holding it against me, and so we are looking at Mt. Biking up here in Seattle. Unfortunately the bike shops which seem to rent bikes are no where near the Mt. Bike trails. Oh well. I'll figure something out. I have a rack and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment