Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Review of Breakaway Jacket

Originally submitted at Ibexwear

Everyone has two sides. Front and back, to be specific. This light, fast jacket has breathable Climawool® Lite in front, dense wool blend in back. A jacket that recognizes the essential humanity in us all. It's pretty deep. Innovative "dual-construction" Climawool® Lite/kni...


A great jacket for bicycle commuting

By Doryman from Seattle, WA on 10/13/2011

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Sleeve Length: Feels true to length

Pros: Warm, Lightweight, Great Color, Comfortable

Best Uses: Bicycle Commuting

Was this a gift?: No

I bought a previous version of the breakaway in a color that is no longer offered. (Mustard) And it's been a great bicycling jacket. Then when the Vim jacket came out I bought one and put it away because I've noticed that Ibex doesn't always keep a good design around forever with bicycling coats. The Vim has pockets on the front, (bad for bicycling but I never put anything in there anyway) the Breakaway has one on the chest for my ID & a few $$, and one in the back to stash my battery for my helmet light, or my balaclava when it gets warm enough to switch to just a hat.

Now of course they have the new breakaway which is even better for bicyclists because of the reflective arm bands. The only thing nicer from the Vim coat was Velcro tabs for the wrists vs elastic. With the tabs you can adjust the air flow up your arms as the day warms up.

Also the windproof front handles Seattle Mist/light rain fine. You can skip the extra rain jacket unless it's pouring.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment